27 October 2011

A Bit of a Celebration

026

- Goldie London dress
- vintage 60s boots
- AA tights

I'm in a bit of a celebratory mood over here. Why? Because my Etsy shop has just surpassed 2000 sales! Some days I feel like I'm moving in leaps and bounds on Etsy and other days I'm moving inch by inch. Lately it's been more of the inching along variety so I feel like the number 2000 is a bit of a landmark. I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you for supporting my Etsy shop for theses past few years. I couldn't do it without you and y'all are welcome to celebrate right along with me! For the next 2000 minutes (that's 33 and a third hours if you're counting) you can receive 20% off anything in the shop by using the code SJV2000. Thanks so much to every one of you for helping me reach this milestone!

As for this outfit it was seriously inspired by the George Harrison documentary, Living in the Material World, that has been airing on HBO the past couple of weeks. If you get a chance, I'd definitely check it out. It's a bit all over the place and there are some key moments that seem to be skimmed over, but it's still worth a watch just for the amazing archival footage. Toward the end of the first part (it airs in two parts) there is some killer film footage of Jane Birkin that's worth it alone!

b

13 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Congrats on the store sales....the dress is gorgeous:)

Enter my Shabby Apple FAB Frock Giveaway!!

Unknown said...

Ooh I love the look! And I loved that documentary - totally agree with you on it being a little all over the place, and it was strange what it skipped because it was so LONG! But really enjoyable on the whole, especially hearing all the music and seeing all the footage. And congrats on the 2000 sales!!

Frannie Pantz said...

Congrats to you! What an amazing milestone to pass. You deserve to celebrate. I love your dress and the boots too.

iron orchid vintage said...

Congrats! I have loved your shop (and style!!) for so very long now, and am happy to read about this milestone! Wishing you continued success, and I'm proud to be a sponsor on SJV :)

Cel said...

Congrats! Your shop really is wonderful, it's clear that you put thought and effort into what you list there, it shows in the quality of the items you sell and the in the quality of the work you put into it all.

And lovely photos, that's such a great dress!

Magar said...

Congratulations on your sales, I absolutely love your shop

Annalise said...

Every sale is well earned. Your shop, and blog, are beautiful and you always share such wonderful things with us. Congratulations!
XOXO

Joy said...

Congrats you look great. May I ask where do you find such amazing pieces?

The Braided Bandit said...

Your outfit is adorable. Congratulations on your sales, I think its going to take me a longggg time to ger there! Have a great halloweekend!
xo Hannah

Arielle-HumblePieVintage said...

2000 sales? Wow, thats crazy. Congrats and kudos to you, mam!

-Arielle
www.humblepievintage.com

User said...

Congratulations! I love this dress, it looks lovely with your skin tone and hair colour!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the success of your shop! You look so pretty in these pictures too.

Views by Laura said...

Congrats on your sales!
Last weekend I watched this documentary about George Harrison's life in a festival here in Barcelona.
Even after more than 3 hours sitting in a unconfortable chair at the cinema you get the feeling about how mysterious , spiritual and genius was this person!!
great!
^.^