04 September 2009

Fall Goodies

a

Whenever I shop for clothes for the Etsy shop I tend to sell whatever I find that's in season and squirrel away whatever I find that's not. I didn't realize just how much squirreling I'd been doing until I cleaned out my closets this past week. I found not one, not two but five(!) big garbage bags packed full of fall and winter clothes that I'd collected over the summer. Since I was accumulating things one or two at a time I had no idea I'd amassed such a pile!

I pulled out a couple of things for myself and then put everything else away for the shop. I think I have one more week's worth of lightweight dresses and tops then I'll start listing the fall/winter collection. I better start getting everything organized! And ladies down under, not to fret, I'll still be listing a few lighter weight pieces throughout the year so there's a little something for everyone.

Here are a few of the pieces I kept for myself:
  • A 60s era 100% cashmere sweater. My, oh, my... I'm such a sucker for cashmere. This sweater is actually a bit big for me I just can't imagine parting with it just yet. I'm going to try to make it work but if not, I'm sure it will end up in one of your closets instead.
  • A 30s linen jumper. I guess this piece could work for several different seasons but I'm picturing it as the perfect fall jumper. I love the faded olive color. It's one of those things I fell in love with despite its many flaws. It's pretty stained in places (especially on the seat of the dress) and I've already soaked it in Oxyclean to no avail. Perhaps a Rit bath is in order?
  • More berets to add to my ever growing collection. I can't wait to start wearing these everyday.
  • I seem to be drawn towards skirts right now and I pulled several out to put in my keep pile. This might be my favorite though. Doesn't it remind you of a crisp autumn day - all blue skies and changing leaves?
b

23 comments:

Marcia B. said...

oomg i love the skirt!

Starr Crow said...

I love the jumper! you've just inspired me to stock my closet with some olive for the fall. i can just picture that color fitting perfectly with some tights and a cardigan...ah, i love it!

Sandra said...

the jumper is puuure love!it has the most beautiful faded shade... that skirt is in the prettiest color scheme also! your berets make me once again sad for the fact that I can't actually wear any proper hats..

Anonymous said...

mmm, the sweater is lovely. And, after all, you can never have enough hats!

Lexie said...

the colors in the skirt are just lovely!

Melanie Montgomery said...

Cute jumper! I hope you can get the stains out.

Amy P. said...

That skirt is so vibrant. Would go great with that blue beret!

Anonymous said...

Though many have tried, yours remains the best. Thank you.

Marie said...

I've been doing the same thing with fall finds- they are in the guest bedroom in bags, on chairs, and a few have finally landed on the bed. Fall is my fave season and it is fun to dream about it in the summer! Love that plaid skirt find!

sarah-lucy said...

I really like the skirt. Totally gorgeous. I have the hardest time finding vintage clothes though because I'm so curvy...

M said...

Ow, hw many bags did you say? Maybe I should start putting my clothes away for the seasons and feel like I all of a sudden have a new wardrobe to browse through when it's time to bring them back. Maybe. Not a bad idea at all...

Brook said...

I looove pulling out all the fall clothes that I bought and stored over the warm months. It's like shopping at the perfect thrift store where everything is free and you don't have to listen to soft rock music! I can't wait to see the finds you've amassed!

Hannah said...

These are all so wonderful. I do hope you manage to sort the flaws with that jumper because it's stunning, as is that plaid skirt. Wish I found bags of goodies like this hidden away in my closet!

Κατερίνα said...

I like so much this sweater!!!!!!xx

Rachel said...

That sweater is absolutely beautiful. I love it. I like the skirt a lot too, but I just can't stop looking at that sweater.

the spectator said...

I am intrigued by the use of the term 'jumper' - in Australia, a jumper is your 'sweater'. I am assuming a jumper is a sleeveless shift sort of dress.

Jules said...

Great stuffs. And that skirt is so cool. =D

Summer
A Writers Den
Brown Mestizo

dave said...

Excellent post.!! Online shopping is a simple, easy and convenient way of buying clothes.

Toosdai said...

i love the blues everyone's trotting for fall. what a refreshing idea!

Stéphanie said...

I love everything !

Anonymous said...

A vintage shirt I thrifted had rust like stains on it so I washed it with a few table spoons of vinegar then put it out in the sun to dry and the stains disappeared. Maybe you could do something like that to get rid of the stains on the jumper.btw you have a wonderful sense of style!

Lorituela said...

those pieces are just great!
hey, how do you do it to make the pics look older?could you give me a tip?
please feel free to visit my blog!

Lorituela

Fabiola "Fab" said...

ooh ooh that skirt... that skirt.. that plaid greens & blues skirt... I'm peechless... too lovely for words! I love coming to your blog for great ideas. :)