30 March 2009

How could the air have the nerve to blow your hair around like that...*

d
photos by Tom b.

top: 50's rayon blouse
skirt: 50's vintage (altered by me)
shoes & purse: vintage
*listening to: The National Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers "90 Mile Water Wall"

After the excitement of going to my first auction on Saturday all I wanted to do was stay home and veg on Sunday. It's a good thing too because the afternoon brought in some big Southern-style thunderstorms complete with hail and tornado warnings. I think that's sort of rare around these parts but it made me feel quite at home. Tom and I stood in the window of our place and watched the crazy cloud formations and listened to the hail pounding on the metal roof. At one point it was so loud we couldn't even hear one another talking!

14 comments:

morgan said...

We had hail too yesterday. It kind of freaked me out a bit.. all I kept thinking about was the movie "The Day After Tomorrow".. That's how rarely we get hail out here. I thought it was the end of the world...

Anonymous said...

oo cute skirt

suzie wuzie said...

i love that skirt

Q's Daydream said...

Lovely pictures! How scary having tornado warnings. I grew up in Maryland, so we had quite a few there. Even up in Maine this past summer we had quite a few warnings. I'm such a nut though, I sit at the computer and look at all the radar maps and see what's coming. I need to learn to relax, especially since I'm moving to Tennessee one of these days...haha

Thanks for the lovely comment :o)

Vivien of Holloway said...

wow you are stunning! x

Lexie said...

you have such a nice style.

Unknown said...

This outfit is so lovely and simple-- I love the breeze catching the skirt in one picture, I think it really captures the stormy day you described :~)

jimena said...

lovely purse
xxx

Louise said...

The outfit is lovely, the skirt is really nice! :) The shoes are cute too!

svenskaussie said...

Love the combination, the t-bar shoes are adorable. I adore 50's rayon garments and have a couple of dresses in the same rayon from the 50's, I always get compliments on them when I wear them. They were one of those fabulous finds, old shop stock with the tags still on them and never worn. It's like finding buried treasure.

The Scootabaker said...

it all looks so simple and yet well put together. i wish i felt as dainty as you look in flats. i think my ankles are, well, cankles. a minimum of 3 inches are what i require to feel pretty.

Josephine Frances said...

I love your little T-bars so much. I'm always looking for some, but no luck so far!

bajbasj axd said...

wow, we've never had a tornado warning here in miami, and definitely not hail. lol. love the rayon blouse nad the shoes. beautiful skirt. what alterations did you make to it?

Helen said...

I've been looking through some of your "wardrobe" pieces and I can honestly say that I love all of those I've seen. They're so cute and they look amazing on you.