17 February 2009

Loving Lover

I know I'm not alone in professing my love for down under label Lover. I swear sometimes I think they're reading my mind. It's so rare that I look at a line and love (no pun intended) every single piece but that seems to be the case with their Sacred Hearts collection. I have to admit that in my current state of mind I was a bit more drawn to their Southern Hemisphere looks with the plaid capes, little wool mini dresses and black and white oxfords. But since spring is nigh for us Northern Hemisphere dwellers the lighter looks caught my eye as well. The one thing that reaaallly stuck with me is the adorable straw boater hat that ties all the looks together.

I've become a bit addicted (in a good way, I think) to wearing hats and I was kind of wondering what I was going to do with all of my wool berets once the weather warms. After looking at the Lover lookbook the answer seems obvious. I thought finding a similar hat would be just a Google search away but I'm afraid it might be a bit more difficult than that. See, I don't want to end up walking around looking like I just joined a barbershop quartet or (worse) just walked out of a GOP convention. Hopefully they'll be offering the Lover version somewhere online. Otherwise, the treasure hunt begins!

2-17

12 comments:

Meaghan Kelly said...

oh i know i know i know what you mean about that hat! i've been on a hunt for one ever since that last issue of Lula came out with Ali Michaels on the train tracks wearing one and looking positively adorable!

good luck with your hunt! If you find a good one please let me know where!

Anonymous said...

i love your blog.so adorable.
i'm going to add you:)

cuteseas said...

yes i want to buy one too! please let us know!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Lover! That collection is absolutely perfect in every way. I ended up saving almost every look in my inspiration folder on my computer.

Anonymous said...

yes yes yes!! i have been looking and looking for one of those hats but i have a feeling you'll be finding it before me :) and thanks for posting about lover--i had actually never heard of them and i'm so happy to have another label site to browse through :) xo mary catherine

friend or doe said...

I've just been looking at the new collection too, It's also as if they've read my mind! I have a Lover dress on layby at the moment & can't wait for the day I can pick it up.
In regards to your hat hunt, I have some like that that I sell in my boutique, they come with a stripey, coral or anchor print ribbon but it's interchangeable. You can see the hat here- http://www.flickr.com/photos/ginnyswonderful/3289098702/

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I went to a private school named Sacred Hearts...this collection should be mine!

Frannie said...

Oooh that is so cute!!! I don't know if I could ever pull it off, but I'd definitely try!

Unknown said...

yes! I think their clothing line is so amazing too

Anonymous said...

are there any stores you find these clothes in?

kadler said...

Those are so awesome. Let us know if you find them online!

Anonymous said...

Hey you should check out the label CUE - www.cue.cc you might like what you see, it's another Australian Label