31 October 2007

Military Inspirations

One trend that I'm seeing a ton of for this Fall/Winter is military inspired details. I have to admit I'm not immune. I love classic peacoats, brass buttons & buckles and tall, flat boots. There are jackets and capes at every price point - from $89.50 at Delias to $150 - $325 at Urban Outfitters (when did UO get so expensive!?). I'm in love with the Kate Moss for TopShop cape but unless I win the lottery, I'm afraid I won't be sporting it any time soon. There is an amazing little jacket ending on Ebay today. I'm betting it goes for a pretty penny. Agathe from StyleBytes seems to have found the perfect one (she even added her own military patches) that she cleverly wears with girly dresses. Since none of these lovely items are in my budget, I think my nod to the military trend will come in the form of these leg warmers with brass snaps. I think they would look great peeking out of the top of my boots.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like military inspiration is a trend every season for the past three or four years.

Frankly I am getting a bit tired of it.

Chaolita said...

Well, I love those military capes...

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Perhaps I used the word trend a bit too loosely - I think the reason it keeps coming up as a "trend" is because it is a classic, timeless look. You could wear one of those capes for years and alway look modern. I think that is why I am attracted to it.

Anonymous said...

I like the victorian flair of these